Chicken Soup for the Soul series



I got my first Chicken soup for the soul book by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, as a gift over 8 years ago. Even now, Chicken Soup series of books continue to draw me to bookstores. I may not pick up any other book that i desperately want, but if I find a Chicken Soup title, I hardly give it a second thought.

I have 3 books to my collection. Each is a thick book of powerful, morale boosting true stories of people coming from all walks of life. Each has a very inspiring and soothing tale to tell, and each story touches and reaches out to different people.

When I was given the first book, I had no clue as to why the title was so wierd. Being a vegetarian, I thought it was a gross thing to name a book that way. Back then as a 11 yr old, I didn't realise the importance of Chicken Soup for good health as they have a soothing effect on the body. Chicken Soup for the soul does the same. Instead of soothing your body, it soothes your soul.

Every story from these books is like a mountain of inspiration. It acts as a balm to heal old wounds, but that of the heart. It's about opening up your heart to other's experiences and being affected by it. It's to have your spirit rekindled with hope and love. It's to give you the courage to go after your dreams.

And all these stories I read were so simple and yet beautiful. These are stories that I think people want to hear about, no matter their nationality, age or gender. These stories carry with them encouraging and inspiring messages that I think most people will understand and can resonate with.

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul was one book I liked in particular. It helped me a great deal in my latter teen years to cope with many diffuculties. My trivialities seemed to resolve at once. I knew I wasnt the only person in the world going through that troublesome adoloscent phase. I connected with others like me and knew at once, that life, will be OKAY.


Quite often, my eyes would suddenly well up in tears as I read one great story, and before I could have the chance to dry up, the next story brought on another bout of tears.
Each story is short, easy to read, digestible and filled with goodness
I'm sure glad the authors Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen didn't give up the idea of publishing their first Chicken Soup for the Soul book. Their story of creating and eventually publishing this book was in itself an inspiring story to be told.

After 3 long years of hard work to put together the book and rejections from 140 publishers, their vision to uplift humanity through this book finally came through. Chicken Soup for the Soul was finally published under Health Communications, Inc. The president of the company, Peter Vegso caught the vision of the authors and the spirit of the book and agreed to publish it.
On June 28, 1993, Chicken Soup for the Soul was launched and the rest was history. These books have gone on to become bestsellers for many titles. With over 80 million of copies of Chicken Soup books sold all over the world, it made publishing history.

Currently, I am reading Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul. For someone who's had a life long dream to make the world a better place, with the pen, it has started out to be a great read. I expected a lot from this book, and it has gone much further ahead of my expectations. Thus far.

In the end, I suggest a Chicken Soup title for everyone. They have a book, a story for everyone. And I guarantee you, you'll find your life reflected in many of the stories that you read.


3 comments:

Sarita said...

dolls agree with every word that you have said about the chicken soup books and sue am glad i introduced you to them you style of writing i have always liked and told you so many times i still wish you would take up journalism or do a course in craetive writing
look forward to more reviews

swathi's said...

well..am reading one series now..i like em very much as u said..they have stories for all..

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear, are you actually visiting this web site daily, if so
after that you will absolutely get nice experience.

my web page; annatel.net